New Updated - Now available!
Chick incubation kit complete with lesson plan for hatching a small number of chicken or duck eggs in the classroom. Ideal for elementary teachers wanting to introduce the wonders of life to their students.
The kit comes in a sturdy reusable storage box and consists of:
- "The Egg Story" Lesson Plan manual on CD-ROM
- NEW Mini II Advance digital incubator with fully automatic egg turning and autostop feature (capacity 7 hen eggs or 12 quail eggs with optional small egg disk) with NEW external water top-up
- Preset temperature and easy to use menu driven controls
- Digital display of temperature with high and low alarms including NEW room temperature alarm
- Programmable automatic turning with count down to hatch day and autostop
- OvaScope battery operated egg scope to watch the live embryo develop inside the egg
- EcoGlow chick brooder
- Plastic chick enclosure
- 1 Qt (litre) Drinker
- Full operating & troubleshooting instructions
- List of fertile eggs suppliers
- Plus FREE... Brinsea Incubation Disinfectant Concentrate
- 3 Year warranty
"The Egg Story" lesson plan explains the entire process of hatching eggs with day by day color pictures of developing and hatching chicken. It shows how an egg is formed, what its different parts and functions are and how a chick embryo develops and hatches. It also gives an insight into particular biological topics such as blood circulation, respiration and bones.
Further useful resources have been included at the end of the manual to consolidate the embryology and hatching project but also enhance programs in nutrition and mathematics for instance. Particularly suited to elementary and middle school science projects, the lesson plans are flexible and can easily be tailored to younger students needs.