It’s very frustrating when eggs develop but fail to hatch, often for no apparent reason. We estimate 25% of these could be due to bacterial contamination and the use of Biomaster antimicrobial additives in our plastics will help reduce this problem and lead to higher hatch rates’ Ian Pearce, Managing Director.
Incubators create ideal conditions for the growth of microbes and bacteria which can in turn be harmful to incubating eggs and can be the cause of embryonic death.
To reduce this risk Brinsea® corporate Biomaster antimicrobial additive into our incubator cabinets* during manufacture. Biomaster is embedded within the plastic itself which prevents the growth of harmful bacteria helping to provide the optimum environment for hatching.
Proven to quickly reduce bacterial growth by up to 99.99% Biomaster Protection is an effective means of reducing the risk of cross infection from MRSA, E.coli, Campylobacter, Legionella, Salmonella and many other harmful species of bacteria. Biomaster provides an added level of protection for your eggs during incubation. From January 2013 Biomaster has been utilised as widely as technically as possible within our products - providing you with additional confidence in your hatch.
Benefits of Biomaster:
- Protects hatches from microbial transfer by cross contamination
- Biomaster contains proven silver ion technology used in medical applications
- Uses silver ion technology which is recognised as safe for eggs, chicks and humans
- 99.9% effective against bacteria and microbes
- Effective for the life of the product
- Helps to prevent/reduce unpleasant odours
Biomaster has been applied to the following products*:
- Mini and Mini II Eco, Advance and EX incubators
- Maxi II Eco, Avance and EX incubators
- Octagon® 20 and 40 Eco, Advance and EX incubators
- Ovation 28 and 56 Eco, Advance and EX incubators
- EcoGlow 20 and EcoGlow 50 brooders
- OvaView and OvaScope egg candlers
- TLC-40 Eco and TLC-40 Advance Brooders, TLC-50 Eco and TLC-50 Advance Brooders
*Please note: Parts treated with Biomaster are all the opaque incubator and brooder moldings as these are the most likely areas where cross contamination might occur.
Incubators and other products made with Biomaster still need cleaning thoroughly as the effect of Biomaster is at the plastic surface only.
Our products incorporating Biomaster Protection have been tested to ISO 22196:2011 standards to prove its antimicrobial efficacy.